I tried to make chocolate version of burnt cheesecake by modified the recipe of original burnt cheesecake. The recipe below need improve as I think it is too rich and hard in the middle of the cake.
Keto Chocolate Burnt Cheesecake by ketoserts.
Chocolate Burnt Cheesecake
Baked chocolate cheesecake with burnt crust on top. The version is very rich and hard in the middle of the cake.
|Published:||August 21, 2020|
|Adapted from:||Recipe from Chocolate Cheesecake (San Sebastian Style) by Olives in the Oven|
|Prep time:||20 minutes|
|Cook time:||40 minutes|
|Total time:||60 minutes|
- 250g 70% dark baking chocolate
- 750g cream cheese
- 350g sugar
- 5 large eggs (about 50g each)
- 200ml double cream
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon instant coffee
- Preheat the fan forced oven to 210°C (410°F).
- Make sure both cream cheese and eggs are at room temperature.
- Double boil broken chocolate until smooth.
- Remove the chocolate from the heat and mix the cream with the melted chocolate.
- Line a 9 inch loose bottom pan with plenty of baking paper that it is extended past the edges of the pan.
- Use an electric mixer to cream the cream cheese with sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Add eggs one at a time to ensure the egg is emulsified with the mixture.
- Mix the chocolate mixture until well-blended with the mixture.
- Fold the flour, cocoa powder and instant coffee into the mixture gently.
- Pour the mixture in the lined pan.
- Bake it for 40 minutes or until the center of the chesse is still wobbly like jelly and slightly burnt on top.
- Turn off the heat and rest the cheesecake in the fridge over night when it is cool completely at room temperature.
- Remove the cheesecake from the pan right before it is served.