Finally, we got a chance to make this burnt cheesecake as a friend's birthday cake.
Baked cheesecake with burnt crust on top.
|Published:||June 26, 2020|
|Adapted from:||Recipe from Burnt Basque Cheesecake Recipe by Lauren Aloise|
|Prep time:||20 minutes|
|Cook time:||40 minutes|
|Total time:||60 minutes|
- 1kg cream cheese
- 300g sugar
- 7 large eggs (about 50g each)
- 200ml double cream
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Preheat the fan forced oven to 210°C (410°F).
- Make sure both cream cheese and eggs are at room temperature.
- Line a 9 inch loose bottom pan with plenty of baking paper that it is extended past the edges of the pan.
- Use an electric mixer to cream the cream cheese with sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Add eggs one at a time to ensure the egg is emulsified with the mixture.
- Mix the double cream until well-blended with the mixture.
- Fold the flour into the mixture gently.
- Pour the mixture in the lined pan.
- Bake it for 40 minutes or until the center of the chesse is still wobbly like jelly and slightly burnt on top.
- Turn off the heat and rest the cheesecake in the fridge over night when it is cool completely at room temperature.
- Remove the cheesecake from the pan right before it is served.