There are many name for this kind of cheesecake, such as soufflé cheesecake, Japanese cotton cheesecake, Japanese chiffon cheesecake or just Japanese cheesecake. Some just use three ingredients. Other use more that. Both will mix cream cheese mixture with egg white (meringue). Some use milk and butter or sour cream and butter. Other just use whipping cream with no butter.
My first attempt is using three ingredients recipe. The result was satisfactory. The cake is light and fluffy.
Cotton cheese souffle
It is also called Japanese cheesecake. This recipe uses only three ingredients.
|Published:||August 12, 2016|
|Adapted from:||Recipe from 3-Ingredient Soufflé Cheesecake (Japanese Cotton Cheesecake) by ochikeron|
|Prep time:||30 minutes|
|Cook time:||60 minutes|
|Total time:||90 minutes|
|Keywords:||Cotton Cheesecake, Cheesecake, Soufflé|
- 360g white chocolate (2 block of 180g milky bar from Nestle)
- 5 extra large eggs (700g/12eggs)
- 250g cream cheese (at room temperature)
- Follow the instruction from original recipe.
- Our oven settings are 170C for 15 minutes, 160C for 30 minutes, and off heat in the oven for 15 minutes.
Soufflé Cheesecake (Japanese Cake Recipe) スフレチーズケーキの作り方 レシピ by Cooking with Dog.
3-Ingredient Soufflé Cheesecake (Japanese Cotton Cheesecake) 材料3つでスフレチーズケーキ by ochikeron.