My second attempt is using full recipe with sour cream. The result was that good. We did lots of mistake. The beaten egg white is too stiff and the side of the pan is not supposed to be lined or greased. The cake needs the side of the pan to hold up. The temperature of the oven also not right. We will do better next time.
Cotton cheese souffle
It is also called Japanese cheesecake. This recipe is using sour cream.
|Published:||January 7, 2017|
|Adapted from:||Recipe from Authentic Japanese Cotton Cheesecake recipe/ Cheese Soufflé recipe by Rice 'n Flour|
|Prep time:||60 minutes|
|Cook time:||120 minutes|
|Total time:||180 minutes|
|Keywords:||Cotton Cheesecake, Cheesecake, Soufflé|
- 250g cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 220g sour cream
- 8 large eggs (600g/12eggs)
- 140g sugar
- 80g plain flour
- 60g cornflour
- Follow the instruction from original recipe.
- 40g sugar is used for cream cheese mixture and 100g sugar is usded for egg white.
- Neither vanilla extract nor cream of tartar is used on our recipe.
- Our oven settings are 150C for 60 minutes, 140C for 30 minutes, and off heat in the oven for 30 minutes.