Pandan coconut layered agar-agar.
Pandan and Coconut Agar-Agar
Layered agar-agar (jelly) that used pandan essence and coconut milk.
|Published:||September 20, 2014|
|Adapted from:||Recipe from Agar Agar (agar strips) by Cook With No Books|
|Prep time:||10 minutes|
|Cook time:||20 minutes|
|Total time:||30 minutes|
|Yield:||8 serving, 2 litre|
- 20g agar-agar strip
- 1.6 litre water
- 150g white sugar
- 200ml coconut milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pandan essence
- According to the link above, the ratio between agar-agar strip with water is 12g agar-agar strip and 90g sugar per 1 litre water.
- Soak agar-agar strip with room temperature water for around 5 minutes.
- Bring water to boil and put in the soaked agar-agar strip. Stir the water occasionally avoid the agar-agar burned at the bottom of the pan until all the agar-agar is dissolved.
- Add sugar to the agar-agar mixture and stir the mixture till all the sugar is dissolved.
- Pour half the mixture into another bowl. On this bowl, add the pandan essence and stir the mixture until the colour is distributed evenly.
- Pour the pandan mixture on the moulds to set.
- Pour the coconut milk and salt in the clear mixture in the pan. Stir the mixture until dissolved in simmer.
- Pour the coconut mixture on the moulds when the pandan mixture is half set.
- Transfer the moulds to fridge when the mixture is cooled completely to chill.