Last week we got lots of leftover egg whites. We don't know what to do with it. Then we decided to search around any recipes that used only egg whites.
To summarize all the recipes they listed are below:
- Coconut macaroons
- Strawberry souffle
- White cake
- Vanilla bean buttercream
- Perfect Angel food cake
- Parisian Chocolate macarons
- Angel Food Cake
- Homemade Marshmallows
- Italian Almond Cookies
- Financiers (Eggbeater)
- Egg White Cake (Nami-Nami)
- Chocolate-Coconut Macaroons
- Pecan Meringue Cookies (Simply Recipes)
- Chocolate Angel Food Cake (Serious Eats)
- Seven-Minute Frosting (Smitten Kitchen)
- Crème Brûlée-Pistachio Macarons (Tartlette)
- Dacquoise (Bay Area Bites)
- Pavlova (Simply Recipes) and Mixed Berry Pavlova (Smitten Kitten)
- Kumquat & Chocolate Financier Teacakes (Cannelle-Vanille)
- Chocolate Angel Food Cake with Fruit and Maple Yogurt (Epicurious)
The one that caught our eyes is white cake. Basically white cake is a cake that made with only egg whites. We baked ourselves a white cake with pandan flavouring.
Pandan White Cake
White cake with pandan flavour.
|Published:||May 3, 2015|
|Adapted from:||Recipe from Moist Fluffy White Cake Recipe by Woodland Bakery Blog|
|Prep time:||20 minutes|
|Cook time:||45 minutes|
|Total time:||1 hour 5 minutes|
- 200g unsalted butter, room temperature
- 395g castor sugar
- 345g plain flour
- 13g baking powder
- 2g salt
- 185g egg whites (around 6 extra large eggs)
- 220ml milk
- 2 drop of pandan extract
- Turn the oven on at 175 degrees celcius.
- Beat butter and sugar until smooth using an electric mixer.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt in one bowl.
- Combine egg whites, milk and pandan extract in another bowl.
- After the butter and sugar mixture is light and fluffy, pour 1/3 of dry mixture into the butter mixture and beat evenly.
- Pour half of the milk mixture into the cake batter and beat evenly.
- Pour another 1/3 of dry mixture into the cake batter and beat evenly.
- Pour the rest of the milk mixture into the cake batter and beat evenly.
- Pour the rest of the dry mixture into the cake batter and beat evenly.
- Pour the cake batter into any cake tin. 23cm (9 inch) square tin form pan is used on this case.
- Bake for around 45 minute or cake tester comes out clean.
- Freeze the cake if you like for later used.