Good to have hot curried carrot pumpkin soup on cold and wet weather.
Curried Carrot Pumpkin Soup
Spicy hearty soup
|Published:||June 9, 2014|
|Adapted from:||Recipe from 'At Home' book page 48 by Michael Caines|
|Prep time:||15 minutes|
|Cook time:||30 minutes|
|Total time:||45 minutes|
- 180g brown onion (around 1 large size), chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 280g carrot (around 2 medium size)
- 760g pumpkin
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon Malaysian curry powder
- 300ml chicken stock
- 500ml water
- cracked pepper
- pinch of salt
- parsley for garnish (optional)
- toasted bread for garnish (optional)
- Cook onion and garlic with olive oil for 1 minute without colouring.
- Stir in cumin and curry powder for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add the carrot and pumpkin and stir in for 2 minutes.
- Add both stock and water into the vegetables and bring it to boil.
- Reduce to simmer and cook for 30 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
- Blend the soup until smooth puree and season with salt and cracked pepper.
- Serve hot in a bowl and garnish with parsley and toasted bread.